communication between 360 and one

Why can't you communicate between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 1...as I have friends who are not getting the one and thought if both on live...why not

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

you can communicate through text messages. Voice will not be supported because they are completely different technology.

you can send text messages but nothing more.

It's fairly simple why, it uses a higher audio codec so it doesn't sound like you are sat in the bathtub playing xbox.

There's an audio sample here: http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-audio

Disappointed.  I use party chat every day to talk to friends,  some of which won't be getting XB1 straight away.  I always assumed i would still be able to talk to them in a party (i knew we couldn't join games).  Surely it wouldn't have been so hard to let the XB1 use lower settings if we wanted to talk to friends on 360.  Oh well.  No point worrying about it i guess :/

If you're going to have one console while nearly all of your friends have the other, it might be a good idea to invest in a chat-pad. ;)

One thing you could do for chat is use Skype since you'll be able to run it while you play your game and your friends can just use a computer or smartphone to talk. Just an idea.

[quote user="SlimyTurt1e"]

One thing you could do for chat is use Skype since you'll be able to run it while you play your game and your friends can just use a computer or smartphone to talk. Just an idea.

[/quote]

That could work, though can you do conference call on Xbox One?

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

[quote user="SlimyTurt1e"]

[/quote]

That could work, though can you do conference call on Xbox One?

[/quote]

That's one thing I'm not sure of. I would expect it to have the same features as Skype would on PC or tablet. 

Put it this way....i rather have the X1 with 0 friends then have the 360 with all my friends!!!!! im cold i know...