COMCAST GATEWAY(cant connect)HELP!!!! =(

Ok, so I had an xbox 360 slim until i got rid of it because it wouldnt connect to the **** comcast gateway. I know the firmware stuff. But is there anyway i can get another xbox and get back on live? Will buying a wireless router help? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Welcome MKEHM!
[quote user="MKEHMTOUCHEDME"]I had an xbox 360 slim until i got rid of it because it wouldnt connect to the arris comcast gateway.[/quote]Firstly: Why did you get rid of the Xbox 360 Slim? Second: Is the Arris TG 862G/CT by any chance your default gateway?

If the only possibility for you to connect your console to your network with a wireless solution, then you could use the Official wireless N adapter (external). This device has not been reported having issues connecting to the Arris TG 862G/CT.

[quote user="MKEHMTOUCHEDME"]Will buying a wireless router help?[/quote]If you buy a router that best fits for Xbox LIVE, then yes. Here's a list of routers compatible for Xbox LIVE. Note: If you decide to buy a new router then you have to configure the Arris TG862G/CT into something called bridge mode. In this mode your default gateway will only operates as a bog standard modem. Correct me if I'm wrong now, but  for your device, I think that Comcast is the one who takes care of the bridge configuration.

Keep us posted. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ive been having the same issue! i just got my gateway changed by Comcast because the first one they gave me was to old and didnt work so they replaced it with the ARRIS TG862G DOCSIS 3 WIRELESS GATEWAY TELEPHONY MODEM(Comcast/Xfinity). heres how it looks like stores.ownyourcablemodem.com/.../Detail.bok . ever sense i got it changed my xbox hasn't been about to access xbox live like before or when i somehow do get on xbox live and play call of duty i always get connection interrupted every 1-2 secs while playing a match. when i look at the internet bars on the scoreboard it changed drom 1bar to 4bars every 1-2secs. if theres anyway you can help me. so i can get back into playing id gladly appreciate it.! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings melgar!

Appreciate if you could create your own thread, detailing your issue. Also state whether you are using the external wireless network adapter (black or white) or the internal wireless network adapter (Xbox 360 Slim).

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

will do!

Sorry this didn't help.