Combining old Xbox live account and new account

I've had a haunting problem for years now and I don't know how to resolve it. I have an old gamer tag attached to my primary email. Hasn't been used in YEARS!!! I didn't know what I was doing and created my new gamer tag (in use for 5 years) under a alternate email because I couldn't use the primary. I want to delete the old tag and use my current one on my primary email/Microsoft account. Only way I can see to do it is delete my Microsoft account which I don't want to do. I have all the information for both accounts and can log in to both, but my new one is the only gold membership. Any help would be a blessing. I would hate to scrap it all and switch systems just to be rid of the nightmare!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there, if I've read your post right you want to switch the email associated with your main gamertag to your primary email which is in use by another gamertag that you don't use?

-

You will first have to associate the gamertag you don't use with a different email to free up the email that you want to use then you should have no trouble associating it with your main gamertag. You want be able to delete the gamertag.

-

Please see here for full steps: support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there, I believe what I'm reading is that you want to delete your old gamer tag. Well you can easily do this without deleting your Microsoft Account that is associated with it. After you have done that, you can follow the steps to switch your email on your current Gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.