Color banding on my display

I have a 2007 360 connected to my Samsung plasma TV with a VGA cable. Recently, the video quality degrades to the point of extreme color banding as seen here:

I've tried to unplug and reconnect the VGA cable but to no avail. I also reset the power on the 360. When I do this, It looks normal for a minute or so, but then it reverts to the banding. How can I fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Do you have another type of cable to try? Maybe Component or HDMI? That certainly looks odd!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was having the same problem with my xbox last night. I've got my xbox connected to my tv with hdmi and never had a problem till yesturday. Hoping I can figure this out tonight.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, now my xbox stopped outputting any video at all. I tried every cable I had on two different tv's and nothing. The unit turns on just fine; no RROD or anything. Their is just no video output. Tried to reset the video settings, Y + RT, but that didn't help either. Guess I'm out of luck at this point. Man planned obsolescence really sucks sometimes.

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like your graphics card is on its way out. You should contact support for your region and setup a repair for it. Or you can set one up via this website. If your console is out of warranty it will cost you around $130.00 for the repair. If it is within warranty you are good to go.

Sorry this didn't help.