College Dorm Bridge Connection

Hey,

Thanks for taking time to try to help. I am a student in a dorm, and I was forced to use a bridge connection due to an unresolvable router problem with my Xbox (it is an original white one from back in 2000 and whatever when they came out) and I am having an issue. I cannot initially connect to Xbox Live, but if I run a test first, it confirms that I can connect, but it suggests my NAT is set to moderate and I should restart my router/modem set-up. Obviously I cannot do this do to no access to these. After I run the xbox live test, I can sign in, but it will only allow me to be online for a maximum of 5 minutes, then kicks me off. (I suspect some kind of system check that occurs that often from somewhere) Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

Hey KrYpL3 KiLl3r! Glad to hear it's holding strong! Let us know if you do start experiencing issues again though, we'll be here to help. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The kick-off problem souncds as if it involves profile corruption. I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just temporary files plus game updates, automatically reloaded) by:

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go 2 clicks right to Settings, pick System Settings.

2) Select Storage (or Memory if Storage).

3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.

4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts  & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support

http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings - pick System - choose Storage - pick All Devices - choose Gamer Profiles

3) pick the gamertag choose Delete, and pick Delete Profile Only.

This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately the issue was not resolved. Any other suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is Oye SWAT Oye on my real account. The network is run by the college. I am running it through a PC with Windows Vista. I shut off the firewall and it allowed a few more minutes before i got kicked off. I just tried the first suggestion and it's holding strong so far. it's only been 5 minutes though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is your bridge running through a PC or Mac? In either case try lowering your firewall when you are playing on the Xbox and see if this allows the connection to stay active. In most of cases a bridged connection that is running through a firewall will prevent you from staying connected to Xbox LIVE.

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you tell us more about your setup, is the network run by the college or do you have your own router/own service from an ISP?

Sorry this didn't help.