COD:Ghost vs. BF4?

First things first, I love my Xbox One! Does it need work? Yes, but I think most of us thought the same thing about the 360 at launch to, so I'm excited to see what time brings for the Xbox One!

Second in the past I've been a huge COD fan and every game since MW2 I've found myself liking it less and less. On day one I got COD:Ghost along with DR3, I finished the single player of Ghost on Friday and really like the story off this one, but I think the Multiplayer has many issues. Most of the time it seems like I can't spawn and make it 10 steps with out getting shot in the back. It has gotten very disappointing. So I've been considering trading it in for BF4, but I can't quite decide. I have never played the Battle Field series, so I don't know what to expect. So I was wondering what all of your opinions are on COD vs. BF?

And Last of all when will there be and XboxOne Games section?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have both and while they both are military FPS', they are very different. Battlefield goes by a more realistic approach as far as gameplay goes, whereas Call of Duty is all about blockbuster thrills and trying to see how many explosions they can fit into a campaign. Quite frankly, Call of Duty is one of my favorite series but I don't really know why; its difficult to explain. The campaigns of both games are very good, and I can't really decide which I liked better. The multiplayer on the other hand is where things really start to differentiate between the two. Where Call of Duty focuses on close quarters infantry combat, Battlefield lets you loose in a huge map where you can fight infantry, armored, marine, and even airborne combat. The map is constantly changing. Frostbite 3, which is the engine that runs Battlefield 4 makes the environments almost completely destructible. You could see a sniper up on a perch on a building, fire a grenade and blow his platform completely out from under him thus making it a completely useless perch. There are also "levolution" events in Battlefield 4. These require some work to set off, but the payoff is a completely map changing event. The best example of this is on one of the maps, you can drop a skyscraper. Complete game changer. If you are looking at Battlefield as a break from Call of Duty, you can't go wrong. The maps are so open that you almost never will spawn with somebody shooting you in the back after ten seconds. Don't expect to go lone wolf. Teamwork is required to be successful in Battlefield. Much deeper than Call of Duty in almost every respect. It'll take some getting used to, but once you do I think you'll enjoy it. Sorry for the run on sentences, I'm just really tired lol. Best of luck.

I play both but prefer BF.  I remember when I first tried the BF series.....I hated it.  But after some time and a few buddies to run around with, by far my favorite shooter now.  You already tried Ghosts so I'd say go for it and feel free to add me if you need some engineering support.

I've played every CoD game up to Black Ops 2 & every single Battlefield game up until 3, as well as the BF4 beta. From what I've seen, CoD is better for quick satisfaction whereas with the BF series, you have to work for it, but the payoff is greater. Here's a sampling of what you can ONLY do in Battlefield: Only in Battlefield. Enjoy! ;D

Gr8 post OP,love the bf4 and ghosts debate,I have been a fan of cod since day one,but after meeting some hardcore bf4 players earlier on in the year,and by hardcore I mean extremly skilled at the game,not 18 hr a day fps junkies,ive given it a go,its added a huge amount of life to my fps gaming and a great community of gamers that go with it, cod iv found over the years,has made so now you can lone soldier or be part of a team,but nowadays I find the lata pretty non exsistent,wheras in bf4 you really need to have that team work going on,or its not that fun tbh.iv definitly found a more realism with bf4 wheresa cod is alot more acadey,you can pretty much pull off a headshot with your eyes shut in ghosts,but its not gonna happen in bf4,and with out a doubt there is a stack more content in bf4 than ghosts,but all the same both are very good and great games,both have exciting single player,both have great potential and life,but SADLY the servers for ghosts are at breaking point hence pretty much the same thing happened to me with the less n less kills,ridiculous spawns and palavour going on,so I stopped playing ghosts for now,and with bf4 EA also have made a mess of the servers and the game is pretty broken at the mo.Im sure in about 3 months time both ghosts and bf4 are gonna be back to that awsomeness I personally experianced for the first few days after launch,once they patch up ,the mess they are both in, but you should defintly own both,as both are great fps's.

BF4 by a landslide...mod war 2 was my last straw...cod is garbage.

I've always been a cod man.  However, I opted for bf4 this time round just because it looked much more next gen.  To be honest I have found myself really struggling online and actually went out and bought cod yesterday because of this.  I regretted it straight away.  I'm sure it's a decent game, but it looks no better than a 360 game.  Needless to say, it is now back in the box and I've made the decision to stick with bf4.  Played some last night and faired a little better.  I guess those cod players making the switch need to bear this in mind.  And OMG it's beautiful!

Bf4 is difficult to learn,  especially after coming from cod, (which I'm still working on) but it's worth sticking it out,  in my opinion bf4 is worth anyone's time..... it's epic..

Its a good feeling when you know the games a bit buggy yet like bf4, and lossibly die a lot as well...but you still have a big Fukn smile on your face cause the game is straight awesome!  Hi learning curve, lots of teamwork, great game.

BF4 all the way.  This is a true next gen multiplayer game.  64 players of chaos.  Call of duty cant touch it.  Giant maps with 32 people on each team all working for a common goal.  Some epic stuff can and will happen.  If you are a new player you will likely get pooped on for the first few games.  You can't run around rambo style, you have to approach it slower if you are alone.  But if you get your entire squad/team all going for the same point the intensity skyrockets and the fun does as well.  Good times.

I want to like the battlefield series but can't get into them.  The game play doesn't feel smooth to me, and it bothers me too much.