Code 80048821

Hi yesterday i was playing normal on xbox live gold i was playing some black ops 2 but the next day i try to sign on to my account it ask me for sercurity so i enter my email and password but it says the password is wrong and its not because im log on to here or your email does not have xbox live membership. This is incorrect i have gold membership i brought a new 3 months the other day and now its being wasted because of this then gives me a code 80048821 so i need help and i dont really want to delete my account or anything because i am so close for master prestige on black ops 2 all that hard work for nothing i dont want sercuity. But this morning it work perfect it ask for the thing but i press the home button so and i could still play like normal but it does not work no more help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Charlie. Sorry to hear you're having problems. The code you are referring to is a Windows Live Messenger ID or passport cannot be identified code. Is it possible maybe your password is incorrect, that includes upper case and lower case letter errors? You may want to see if someone logged in to your account and changed your password when prompted due to a log in failure. Try logging in again making sure your password and ID are accurate and make sure they are case sensitive correct. I hope this helps, if not, give us a holler back. We're always glad to help.Game on!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried typing in my password again and i know someone has not change my password because i just log into xbox live website with the same password i use on my xbox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, sorry Charlie. Looks like the people here at Microsoft are having issues with account verifications right now. Specifically as quoted,

Account

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

Creating new Xbox LIVE accounts, managing those accounts, or recovering an account on a different console

Affecting the following LIVE Platforms:

Xbox 360 Console

1/30/2013 9:06:36 AM PST:

Are you receiving an error code when trying to download a profile? We're on it! Thanks for your patience as we work to solve this problem! In half an hour, we'll post an updated message so be sure to check back!

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry but i did not really understand what you mean i never downloaded a profile or deleted a profile or made a new one  if i delete my profile do i download that again do i keep my stats like every achivments  i ever done and that because i dont know how that all works

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, I noticed when I turned on my console, my information, "account" is not coming up on the screen. Essentially, for whatever technical reason, I just cannot log in. I believe this is to do with the problems XBOX is having with accounts right now. It makes sense as in your and my case, we both could log in yesterday just fine. I do see that the advisory is still up. Hopefully this is the only issue and nothing else. Let's give it a little more time and hopefully we can get back up and running and again, sorry for the troubles

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok thx dude i check the account status and they say people are having trouble downloading profile on their xbox is that the same thing whats happening to me? but im not trying to download a profile

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been on xbox support for the past 3 hours trying to solve this problem. It says that the account isnt connected to xbl even when it logs in in the background. Turns out that its an account issue they are having.

Sorry this didn't help.

correct.

Sorry this didn't help.

So some people cant get online because of the problem i said

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey charliep44! The widespread account issues on Xbox LIVE have been resolved, so hopefully that means your issue is as well! If it's not though, there are a few steps I'd like you to try.

First, can I have you try resetting your password? I know you do have the correct password as you're able to log in on Xbox.com but changing the password can kick some things on the back end into gear. Let us know if this helps. :)

We'll be standing by!

Sorry this didn't help.