COD: Ghosts PS4 framerate issues caused by it being higher than 60fps

The PlayStation 4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts has received criticism for its erratic framerate despite the console being more than capable of achieving the 1080p/60fps claimed by Infinity Ward. Now, the reason for game's problems has come to light, and it's rather unusual to say the least.

When looking into the effects of the recent patch that was deployed, Digital Foundry discovered that the PS4 version wasn't dropping below the 60fps the series heralds as being of paramount importance. Instead, it was often higher and the dips to 60fps gave the impression of dropping below that level.

Digital Foundry says that, "In scenes where we experienced judder and perceived frame-rate loss, what we are actually seeing is the appearance of skipped and incomplete frames - an effect that is arguably far more noticeable than a few prolonged drops down to 50fps or so seen the 360 version of the game." This is caused by the video output being limited to 60Hz.

This should be able to be fixed by Infinity Ward and the PS4 version of the game locked at 60fps, as per the Call of Duty hallmark.

Source: http://www.psu.com/a021730/Call-of-Duty--Ghosts-PS4-framerate-issues-caused-by-it-being-higher-than-60fps

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Ummm, okay....

A lot of xbox  fanboys like to avoid the 1080p being better debate by throwing fps issues on ps4. Just to let them know

sorry bud consoles are out....games are awesome on x1. :)

and thats exactly why air needs to be cleared out now. :) just saying xbox 720 doesnt have anything going better than 1080p. The only one game which is native 1080p is forza, it has  *** load of pre-baked texture to keep it like that.

well you'll definitely get a lot of fanboys in here with this post. Achievement unlocked?

[quote user="Merlin4421"]

sorry bud consoles are out....games are awesome on x1. :)

[/quote]

Indeed they are.  Once I played Ryse, I laughed at all of these resolution arguments.

I just wish MS would have put more into the gaming part of their console

once I played bf4 I started laughing as well...its awesome looking and even DR3 looks sweet.....(btw saw a buddies ps4 bf4..you can't tell the difference lol)

uh I beg the differ with AC.

Merlin, if the resolution was the other way around on these consoles, Im sure you would posted the exact opposite of what you said now. Trust me because you are not seated on a high horse, you just wanna call it even lol