COD Ghosts Account

I have just chatted with Cate from XBOX One support and explained my issue with numerous attempts to get COD Ghosts to run on XBOX One. For the past 5 months on 3 separate XB1 consoles I have had nothing but issues with Ghosts only.  Even a used console I just purchased from a friend that Ghosts worked perfectly under their account but would not run with my account..  I have included the detailed info I provided for her and she said I needed to post it here and hopefully I can get my COD/XBOX Live account reset/deleted  for that game.  I have no issues with the game on 360 but it will not run on my XBOX One.  I understand that I will lose all rankings and I am totally okay with that even as I worked hard to get to prestige 6 but I just want to move on to XBOX One for playing Ghosts.  I owned the physical copy for 360 and did the 10 dollar upgrade for the digital content for XBOX One.  Please read the below troubleshooting story and PLEASE reset me account as this is my last hope.  :)

Hello,

I first bought the XB1 Day One midnight release. The Day One Edition then as you know was infant in patches and content.  I had my 360 Ghost edition transferred over to the XB1 and was never ever able to play it on the new console.  It looped at startup, crashed, barely let me play 10 seconds of multiplayer, etc...  I got upset after hours of poor support from Activision and exchanged for a new console and the same thing was going on...same gamertag/account.  I thought weird, maybe an account issue but since I could return it I did once more.  The 3rd console did the same thing but this time I let it go and just continued playing Ghosts on 360 and gave up on playing on XB1.   

Last week, missing the XBONE, I rolled the dice one more time and bought a used Day One console from a friend who has the digital download of Ghosts installed and worked perfectly for their account. Once I got the console home and setup with my Xbox Live credentials, Ghosts is acting the exact same way it did on the last consoles I have purchased. I wonder once I put my  profile on there...somewhere in this MS "Cloud" is retaining some corrupt COD profile data maybe?  I have seen similar issues with some people on You Tube with the same exact issue but no one at Activision seems to have a fix other than hard reset, uninstall reinstall, unplug power and brick to clear cache, etc...which I have tried everything numerous times.   I am confident the console is solid but more of a game/account issue.  I would also be willing to start all over on Ghosts with new stats if I could play it on XBOX ONE.  PLEASE HELP!!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Johnny

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

Hey Johnny,

Seems like there might be some import problems on COD.  If you want to start over you can try and do  the following:

•   From the Home screen, select My games & apps.
  •   Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.
  •   Scroll to the right, highlight the saved data for your gamertag under Saved Data, and then press A on your controller.

You will be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:

•           Delete everywhere will remove your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.

Hope that helps man!

Let me know either way!

Br,

Adgn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have not tried that...Thanks.  I will give it a shot when I get home today and let you know.  Thanks so much!

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried that and did not work.  I also removed it again...factory reset...reinstalled...added profile...no luck.  I wonder if MS could do full reset.  I appreciate your suggestion...I really thought that would have done it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am gojng to stick with 360.   MS don't reset anything thank you. You can close this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

I should of said once I removed the profile from everywhere...it did work for about 20 seconds into a NP match.  Then it flashed back to either the home screen of XBOX1 or back to match setup on Ghosts.  Further than it has gotten before but still not working.  Seems like something is pushing to my profile but I have no idea.  I also double checked NAT was open and it is on both the console and Ghosts is seeing it ad open as well.  Oh well...

Sorry this didn't help.

What you can do is try and talk to Activision, I think the stats and data might be stored on their side, and beeing pushed to the Xbox one console.  Talk with the and see if they can clean your slate, unless you can log in yourself on activisions page and clean it.

There is also this method which Activision discribes:

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Transferring-Digital-Team-Leader-Content-from-Xbox-360-to-Xbox-One/?q=Import+Stats&l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3ACall_of_Duty_Ghosts&fs=Search&pn=1

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I started with Activision first and back several times and they told me they can not wipe anything that MS has to do it.  Which doesn't make sense to me as when I deleted the game profile from everywhere...my stats were still current when I got into the game.  I really appreciate your help and if I ever get it working I will post with a fix as there are several others out there with the same issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hmm its to bad I'm not a COD player, or else I would sacrifice the 360 profile to help you out here.

Have you tried with another profile on the Xbox one ?

And its strange that it "started" on the XB1, and let you play for a match or two before it broke.

Do you have any extra content an addons?  If so could you please just remove those and just have the CoD Game?

Br,

Lucas

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried other profiles but all under my Xbox live account.  I wanted to log in to my friends console and try it but he wants my profile near his XBONE....  I have tried it without the additional maps and with.  I am going to reset my router back to its original config and static the box and specifically forward the ports Activision documented on theier website.  I doubt that will do anything buts it's worth a try.  I also may take the console to my neighbors house just so I can rule out my network.

Sorry this didn't help.

Update...bought a physical copy of Ghosts and the same issue persists.  Here's a rundown and please...if MS has a way to completely reset my Live Account...please do.

1. Uninstalled/Reinstalled/cleared cache/NAT is open on Xbox and Ghosts side.

2. Previously owned XBOX with perfectly working copy of Ghosts installed until I signed in with my Live Account.

3. Factory reset...physical copy of Ghosts installed...same issue.

MS is there a way to credit me what time I have left on my Xbox Live and I will start a new account.  Seems this would be a reasonable request...???

Sorry this didn't help.