Cloud Storage issues

Hi,

I uploaded two save games to the Xbox 360 Cloud Storage yesterday because I wanted to try it out and thought it would work as a nice backup in the event of my hard drive dying or something like that. I backed up two save files (manual saves) to the Cloud. When I started those two games, (Skyrim and DOOM 3: BFG Edition) the guide window popped up and said that the content was syncing with the cloud. I thought everything was working fine. Today I loaded up those same games and noticed that the sync window was not popping up. I didn't pay it any mind and figured it was just doing it in the background.

So, then I got curious and went to the System tab to see if the saves on the cloud matched the saves that were on my hard drive. My Skyrim save displayed as "Save 9" on my hard drive. On the cloud, it displayed as "Save 6" and was dated to yestday. The cloud is obviously not syncing with the files on my hard drive despite it showing a "In-Sync" display next to each save on the cloud, and now I am here.

Does the Cloud update it's information automatically? What's the point of the sync if it doesn't? I was under the impression that the Cloud on Xbox would work like the Cloud on Steam. Everytime I play a game on Steam and then exit Steam, the program syncs with the Cloud Storage and updates all the information to that of what's on my hard drive. Either I'm having some sort of glitch or this is a half-*** Cloud Storage solution.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Xbox has been having issues with the cloud lately.. I'm sorry to hear about your saves. I would advise to back up with a flash drive also, if possible.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you chose to "copy" your save to the cloud, all you have done is create a seperate copy of the file in the cloud.  That copy will not update on its own.  It is just a copy.  If you want your cloud saves to stay current, then you must "move" the save to the cloud.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.