Cloud Computing.

I see this posted on the main Xbox One forum.

It mostly goes over my head lol but no doubt some of you will make sense of it.

http://channel9.msdn.com/

( Starts around the 3hr 20 mins mark )

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Like I said on the previous thread, this is some impressive stuff. 

Impressive, still goes over my head lol

( I'm just waiting for the first to come and completely dismiss it all, there again if it was anyone but Microsoft showing this off they probably wouldn't be so quick to do so ;-) )

I watched this the other day, very cool, but.....

It's all a bit "pie in the sky" til we know what kind of bandwidth is needed to run stuff like this.

I'm guessing it was running on a local network in the demo... either that or some rather fat pipes.

Also, how much of the clouds processing power was needed to do this? Would there be enough processing power in the cloud to run this for, lets say, 6 million x1's all at once?

Just stuff I'd like to know.

(ok, maybe 6 million x1's is a silly amount to say... but you get the idea)

MGF you know full well MS have only sold 16 consoles in total (all to the regulars on here) so now your just being silly.  

(good questions though!)

All that lovely destruction! they need to make that into a game!

After Forza 5 using Cloud/Drivatars in-game I'm just interested to see what other games that will use a similar feature, FPS, RPGs etc.

Anything after that will be a bonus.

It would be interesting to see what Titanfall runs like without the cloud, saw a report by a so called "industry insider" the other day who reckoned the 360 version is 30fps and sub 720p,  does the 360 run on the same cloud system?   Does anyone still play Titanfall?

[quote user="NEUROTIC HOG"]All that lovely destruction! they need to make that into a game![/quote]

Phil Spencer has said that what was shown is not a "throwaway" project, so could possibly turn out to be a game.