Close my account

Hi,

Im trying to delete an old email / hotmail account, but so far havent been able to because my free xbox account is linked to it.

I want to either a) change the email account the xbox free account is linked to or b) close the xbox free account.

Im not bothered which one - i just cant seem to do either at the moment. I cant even find where to change my region. 

I tried the link at the bottom left hand of the page, but it just puts me back onto US region.

HELP!!!!

cheers.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

To be able to change the email linked to your FREE Xbox Live Gamertag, please visit this guide and select "Switch your gamertag to a different Windows Live ID" support.xbox.com/.../manage-live-id

As for trying to change the region, are you trying to do this for the console or your Xbox Live account?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Xbox live account.. i think?

After clicking around in circles, i ended up in a microsoft billing area, and the region stated 'US', Im in the UK.

Im not sure if its important to change it thou, as I dont really use it  - and if i can delete it on the xbox, it wont matter anyway.

Thanks for the advice - i'll try that now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.