Cleaning question

First thing is which is the best way to blow away dust. Is it ok just to blow around/in the vent to get the dust out?

I see this many times, that people are using a can of compressed air which could damage the console. Also void warrenty, so I never use that. As well i heard a vacuum is good, but i don't think that a good idea too.

Also another question is how and the best way to suck up the dust up with? Vacuum mouth other?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Please make a note of the post date when making a post.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jack,

The first question I have to ask is are you experiencing any problems? If not, I would not attempt to use any type of compressed air, blowing into or vacuuming out debris, as this could cause problems. Doing so could also possibly void your existing warranty. Each warranty is console type specific and can be found here http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/repair/warranty-info  I would suggest that you send in your xbox to the repair department http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/repair/repair-process  Good Luck!

Sorry this didn't help.

i would not suggest using copressed air because that is meant only for a componet that can be taken apart because you will only blow the dust aroud in side the counsle whitch in turn can create far more problems than your already having a shop vac is a good idea but you can get esd or electro static discharge witch will fry your xbox if not done properly if your going to use a shop vac UNPLUG THE XBOX and make shure something metal on you xbox's case is touching something metal that is conected to the floor like a metal table the best option is to use something called an antistatic vaccum it should say esd approved and follow the dirctions accordingly. but i would just call microsoft because it sounds like its still under warrenty and tell them you need it cleaned they will have you send it in but at least you know if anything did happen to it you would not be at fault and it would be fixed or replaced free of charge.

Sorry this didn't help.

As long as you use compressed air in the correct manor it should never damage electronics.

Not holding it upside down/shaking it etc..

I have used just about every kind of air to clean electronics and the best I have found is a shop vac with detail tools connected to it, and always use intake unless you are outside and can make a mess.

These items will not clean the dvd eye - you would need to use a CD/DVD cleaner disc for that.

Sorry this didn't help.