Cleaning my 360 S.

So I have my 360 slim sitting in an area that collects dust rather easily (I cannot move it). I know that the dust can clog up the fan and my Xbox has been showing the effects of the dust recently. It has been heating up insanely fast. I want to know how I can clean the dust out without opening up my Xbox 360 Slim. Is it possible for me to use an compressed air can to spin the fan up and clean it off without damaging the console?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Microsoft specifically states to not use compressed air to clean your console.  It can cause damage to the console.  They recommend just using a vacuum at the vents with the console completely disconnected.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

HomegrownSilky, that is 100% incorrect on Microsofts part. An Xbox 360 is using components that pretty much match those found in a PC. Plus, I use compressed air to clean both of my consoles that I've had for the past year. No problems at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just he sure not to use a vacuum with any metal pipe connections due to static electricity. Stick to plastic.

Sorry this didn't help.

xTye - On a PC you can open up the case and be sure to blow all the dust out.  You can't do that to your console so you can end up lodging chunks of dust into places that you won't ever be able to get to.  That is why Microsoft doesn't want you blowing anything into it.  If you could open up the case like a PC then I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem but you can't.  Just because you have had no problems doesn't make Microsoft wrong.

Sorry this didn't help.