Christmas is almost upon us so this year I want an Xbox 360 but I don’t know which one to get?

Christmas is almost upon us so this year I want an Xbox 360 but I don’t know which one to get. I’ve played games for years but never owned one myself so which one should I get?  At the top of my list is the Xbox 360 Console Limited Edition Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Bundle but it's $399.96.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

MWF bungle is a good deal I like the look of that 360 also but the game is trash!!! If you can still find the gears of war one that is a good bundle also and great looking 360 with a alright game, what ever game you like better you should go for that bundle!

The Modern Warfare 3 and Gears of War consoles come with a 320GB HDD, two d-pad controllers and a copy of their respective games. The extra $100 buys a bit more than $100 worth of "stuff", and the d-pad controllers aren't exactly standard issue at this time.

If you prefer Halo Reach and Fable III, that bundle's only $299, though it only comes with one regular controller and a 250GB HDD.

Yeah, just keep in mind Star Wars may not arrive this year. Supposedly that's why Lego Star Wars III is included with the 320GB HDD.

The Modern Warfare 3 and Gears of War consoles doesn't say whether is comes with HDMI cable?  Do you have to buy it separately.  

Also, is it worth waiting until Black Friday or Cyber Monday in the hopes of a cheaper price?

The Modern Warfare 3 nor Gears of War consoles come with a HDMI cable so you will have to purchase one of those separately. They can normally be found pretty cheap.

If you are willing to wait then it can never hurt to wait till the ads are out for your local stores to see if they are going to be doing any sales on xbox consoles or HDMI cables for that matter :D

[quote user="Maxie2U"]The Modern Warfare 3 and Gears of War consoles doesn't say whether is comes with HDMI cable?[/quote]No console SKU, from any console manufacturer at this time, includes any High Definition cabling. No HDMI, no Component, not from Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft.[quote]Do you have to buy it separately.[/quote]All High Defintiion cabling is separate.

AmazonBasics cables are inexpensive and work well. I have a bunch and have no complaints. Standard High-Speed HDMI cabling is fine. The 360 doesn't support Ethernet over HDMI. You can skip those.[quote]Also, is it worth waiting until Black Friday or Cyber Monday in the hopes of a cheaper price?[/quote]Not really. I find waiting means spending a long time in Black Friday lines or hitting F5 constantly on Amazon's site. Keep in mind most retailers run $50 gift card promos at some point - Wal*Mart, Amazon, and Best Buy do this.

Amazon's 360 console page is here. If you flip through them, you'll find some offer a $50 Amazon credit, like the MW3 console.