Choosing a console

I realize this is the xbox site so it is xbox bias but i have had alot of trouble picking a console and i can only afford one i will mostly play games and use netflix i went xbox 360 last gen but im not so sure this gen i also posted this on the ps forums so i can get info from the community from both sides

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I assume Netflix is on PS also and the same games are on both consoles except exclusives so I would look at the  exclusives  on  both consoles and see which ones you rather have and go with that one.

WiiU

Just wait.     See what happens to console gaming in the next few months then, decide on the system that has what you want.  GOOD LUCK!!

I generally like to wait until theres at least 150 games for a console before I buy.I dont want to feel like I'm buying a game simply because my choices were limited to one or two titles.

xbox one for the win

Personally, I prefer ps4, then xbox one then wii U.

I prefer the xbox exclusives.  

Xbox One:

1. Titanfall
  2. Ryse: son of Rome
  3. Halo 5
  4. Dead Rising 3
  5. Forza 5
  6. Fable
  7. Killer Instinct (Free)
  8. Quantum Break
  9. Sunset Overdrive
Playstation:
  1. Infamous: Second Son
  2. Killzone
  3. Deep Down
  4. Order 1886
  5. Primal Carnage
  6. Drive Club
The way I look at it:
  1. Multiplayer Shooters: Titanfall + Halo vs Killzone.  This one isn't even close.  I would probably give halo the edge in a head to head battle with killzone.  Then you add in the "COD killer" and it's game over.  Titanfall is the reason many people chose to go with the xbox one.  You might be missing out on something big if you pass on this one.
  2. Racing games:  Forza vs Drive club.  I'm not a race game guy, but from what I have seen Forza is the best racing game in the business.
  3. Horror: Dead Rising 3 vs Day Light.  I actually want to give this one to day light.  This game looks creepy as heck.  This game hasn't released so this is just ignorant predictions.  It looks like it is going to keep you on the edge of your seat and make you cry with random splender man moments.  DR3 is what you would expect it to be if you have played the first two.  It runs smoother and has many more zombies.  I had fun with Dead Rising 3.  I need to go back and finish the main story.
  4. Slash and dash:  Ryse vs Deep down.  Ryse was a great game.  I enjoyed the story line, the fighting mechanics and the amazing graphics.  Deep down has a lot of potential.  Slaying dragons/dungeons.   I would again ignorantly choose Ryse.
  5. Open world adventure: Sunset overdrive vs Infamous.   I can't get into the sunset graphics.  It looks cartoonish.  Infamous is going to run away with this one.  The infamous series has been enjoyable up to this point.  I imagine the next gen version is going to be very good.
  6. The Rest: Quantum Break/Fable vs The Order 1886/Primal Carnage.  Quantum Break looks intense.  It looks like you can slow things down similar to max payne...but to a greater extent.  Fable looks like it is going to be 4 player co-op.  The order looks like a secret society that has advanced(halo like) weaponry in old England.  Primal Carnage looks to be a game where you can hunt dinosaurs or hunt humans as a dinorsaur.  This match up is a coin flip and really depends on the person.  All 4 games have potential.

All 3, just 1 isn't enough. None of the exclusives are that brilliant yet, just like every other console. By the time Titanfall comes out we'll be sick of hearing about it, I already am ;)

This gen I think you can't go wrong on any of the systems, even the Wii U

I own both, but honestly prefer PS4. The exclusives on it right now just feel better put together. The UI is more practical, the loading and installation times are blazing fast, and I have had no problems with the network. Honestly, the XB1 has been a disappointment. The "free" Killer Instinct ended up costing me $40 (there is a $20 version though) because the "free" version gives you ONE character and ONE arena (both randomly changed out each month or something). But even then, it's still crap because I paid $40 and get ONE arena. What's up with that? I bought Max, which is a decent game for $15. However, I have yet to buy any other titles because I can't convince myself they are worth it. The multi-platform ones available are better on PS4, but I'm not interested in them anyway.

There are some titles I'm looking forward to on the XB1, for sure. However, right now, the PS4 has my heart -- and probably always will. I just happened to be fortunate to have the funds to afford both systems.

[quote user="kaijuichi"]

I own both, but honestly prefer PS4. The exclusives on it right now just feel better put together. The UI is more practical, the loading and installation times are blazing fast, and I have had no problems with the network. Honestly, the XB1 has been a disappointment. The "free" Killer Instinct ended up costing me $40 (there is a $20 version though) because the "free" version gives you ONE character and ONE arena (both randomly changed out each month or something). But even then, it's still crap because I paid $40 and get ONE arena. What's up with that? I bought Max, which is a decent game for $15. However, I have yet to buy any other titles because I can't convince myself they are worth it. The multi-platform ones available are better on PS4, but I'm not interested in them anyway.

There are some titles I'm looking forward to on the XB1, for sure. However, right now, the PS4 has my heart -- and probably always will. I just happened to be fortunate to have the funds to afford both systems.

[/quote]

So basically what you are saying is that the PS has better F2P games.