China lifts console ban...good news for Sony?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Nintendo

Chinese are not traditionally fond of Japan, at least since the occupation.  Not sure if that would relate to console sales today or not as most purchasers would probably be young.

It just means they found a way to actually spy on you. Never connect to a network in china they will if the government sees a threat will try and hack into your computer. And I'm willing to bet now they will spy on you with the Kinect. The Chinese are very sneaky.

Chinese do not like Japan due to WW2, they were like burning toyota's in a anti-japanese riot a few months ago.

Of course China doesn't "like" Japan but that doesn't mean that China will not open up the console market and tax it to hell!

[quote user="Wh1t35hadow"]

Of course China doesn't "like" Japan but that doesn't mean that China will not open up the console market and tax it to hell!

[/quote]

IDK how bad the hate is, but i mean if al queda made a console would anyone in the US buy it? doubtful

The Chinese not having the greatest relations with Japan does not stop the Chinese from buying products from Japan. A lot of cars and electronics in China are imported from Japan and sold.

I always found the console ban rather funny because when I lived out there I took my Xbox 360 with me and had no problems getting it through customs, going online, importing games from Hong Kong & Australia, etc. Most Chinese game on their PC's as well, playing MMO's and MOBA's, and I doubt the lift of a console ban will change things that much. Chinese who really want to play on a console would simply import one.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this.