Child to Adult Promotion-Netflix-Account Removed from gold family plan

I am the primary account holder for my XBL Gold Family Plan where there is my 2 kids and myself who play between multiple consoles ...the 4th account I created strictly for Netflix on 1 specific console so if my wife wants to watch movies the kids or myself can go play on the other console we have. 

Now I created the live account-no problem.  Migrated my Netflix subscription to that account-No problem...but when I promoted the account from child to adult...I got a message that said my gold account had expired and I no longer have Xbox Live on that account.

So I logged out of my 4th account and logged back into my primary account, went to add the account back and I am told that because "I removed that Xbox live account" (which I did not) and now I have to wait 5 days to re add it.

So...with that happening, now my wife has to wait 5 days to use Netflix or I have to give up my gamertag for 5 days if she wants to watch Netflix...This is an issue that need to be addressed!!!!

Can it be fixed or am I screwed and do I have to wait out the 5 days?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Got my answer form Xbox Support on Twitter!  When you promote a child account into an adult account within the Xbox Live family plan the account will be removed from the plan once promoted.  And with that being said, any account that is removed form the Family plan will have to wait 5 days before re-adding to the plan.  

I truly wish I had known this before hand, I would have promoted it before originally signing it up to the Plan.

SUGGESTION: Maybe have a pop-up warning or put it in a disclaimer somewhere on a help page for promoting accounts!!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unless they changed it, that still won't work. They told me to do it and it didin't work. I tried everything they told me after hours online with xbox support and nothing they said worked. I finally dropped my adult son from my family plan and put him back into his own account to solve the problem. There used to be a HUGE forum topic with hundreds of posts of people having similar problems but it's now gone along with the old fourms system. If this suggestion thay gave you actually works for you, please post it here so we'll know if they fixed this issue. Unfortunately, I think your next post is going to be that after waiting the five days and adding the account back into the family you'll find it demoted back to child again.

Sorry this didn't help.

The solution they gave me....Wait 5 days and then add the account to the family plan!

After the 5 days I was able to add the other account back to my family plan without issue...it's retarded that when you promote a live account from child to adult it removes Live from said account, honestly whats the real reason for that?  What's even more stupid is the fact that when you create a "brand new" account it automatically assumes it's a child account, even though it's listed on my console as an adult account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Out of curiosity, after you added the secondary account BACK into the family plan AFTER the five day wait, did you go into the account settings to VERIFY the promote option is NOT there again? IF the promote option is there, it defaulted the sub-account back to child again. If it's not there, they've finally fixed this bug and please let us know, because when most of us followed those directions, the sub-account was demoted back to child again. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.