Child of Light - the Xbox One platformer that's an RPG in disguise

Ubisoft Montreal makes bold moves in a brand-new genre

Looks can be deceiving. These screenshots and videos show off a languid game with watercolour landscapes, and leading character, Aurora, gently but smoothly floats and flies around the world courtesy of a pair of fairy wings. She hardly has the pace and weight of publisher stable-mates Rayman and co. It makes sense, as the whole game is seemingly set inside a dream .......................................

http://www.totalxbox.com/74360/previews/child-of-light-the-xbox-one-platformer-thats-an-rpg-in-disguise/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks Lofty!

Been keeping my eye on this title for a while. I hope there's some reality to this outside the dream and not just a dream in itself, if that makes sense. Never been a big fan of "oh....it was just a dream" conclusions. Either way, I am sure I will thoroughly enjoy this all the same.

Thanks again dude

New Child of Light trailer features artwork from Yoshitaka Amano

www.totalxbox.com/.../new-child-of-light-trailer-features-artwork-from-yoshitaka-amano

It looks cool. Depending on price and how many hours it is, I might pick it up.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I haven't seen anything that makes this look interesting, I mean the artwork is nice, but all the trailers just show a little fairy flying about.

Cheers for the new trailer vid lofty I haven't seen that one yet. Can't wait for this game. @brandiesel1 the game is around €15 or £12 and is said to be about 14-15 hours long.

I'm excited for this!

Good ol turn based combat. I've been wanting this game ever since I saw the 1st trailer a couple months ago. This game looks like it has alot of charm. The musical score sounds good too.

That's a good campaign size for a good price. I know games 3 times that cost for a campaign sized a lot smaller.

This is one of 2014 games I waiting for playing.

In regards to the painting, that needs to be the cover art if the game is ever released in physical form. :)