Child Account creation and Security Assistance and ideal!

So I want to activate my daughters gamertag to live.  The issue I have is that I would need to create her a live account.  She is 11 and already has a Google account that I manage.

Is it possible to use my daughter's Gmail for adding her to Xbox Live without needing a live email?  If not then this option needs to be added as I feel it to be pointless for a 11yr old to have two email accounts.  

She is still learning with the helping hand of me (dad), and doesn't need more than one email at this point.

Thanks 

Z3r0t0l0rEnCe

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi Z3r0t0L0rEnCe,

This is absolutely possible. All Microsoft Accounts can be setup with any kind of email as long as Microsoft can verify that the email is indeed a valid contact point. To do this, just have your daughter create a new account at signup.live.com (you must be signed out first) and then when it asks for an email, enter the Gmail account for your daughter and then continue the setup process like normal.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure to record all changes to the associated parent account. If your child needs to promote their account, or use a Windows Phone, the parent account is absolutely required.

Hope this helps!

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.

Instead of creating a new account,  is it possible to just activate the gamertag that already exists as I she/I want her to be able to keep her profile that has quite a list of game save data.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can absolutely do this! If she already has a Gamertag it means that there is a Microsoft account and email given to her now. Before going further, you need to know the email account attached to that Gamertag (if you don't know the email, see this page: support.xbox.com/.../forgot-microsoft-account). After that, just log into the account at account.live.com/.../Manage and you will be able to change the primary email address as well as manage other aliases. Aliases are the email addresses that can be used to log into the account. Doing this will preserve all Xbox Live information on the account.

If this post was helpful please mark it as "Answer" in order to help other community members.

Sorry this didn't help.

She doesn't have a "official" account.  I never set up her account to be connected to live.  So that wouldn't work either.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh okay! So it was just a local account on the Xbox? When connecting it to Xbox Live, you should still be able to use a Gmail address for the account. If anything, just use a temporary Live email and then go to the link mentioned in my previous post to adjust it to the Gmail account. I see that the post was marked as "Verified Answer", did you still have questions or were you able to get it set up?

Sorry this didn't help.