Cheating vs. Trash Talking

Beware gamers, XBOX has a policy of permanently banning users who talk trash, and only temporarily suspending those who cheat, use hacks, or use modified equipment. A quick check here in the forums will prove this. It is clear, given the replies posted by XBOX Live employees here in the forums, that they tolerate cheaters, hackers, or modders, but WILL NOT allow trash talking. 

I encourage those of you who do trash talk to stop. You will be permanently banned when some kid cries to mommy and daddy, and they call Live support. Instead, cheat like there is no tomorrow. Make a lag switch (it's really too easy to do), find modded lobbies, or otherwise find hacks. Of course stop once you receive your temporary suspension. 

And I encourage all gamers in the Live community to rethink purchasing the XBOX One. Why pay more money for a new system, just so people can continue to cheat/hack/mod? If you think this is going to stop, you're sadly mistaken. Over the last 8 years, I've watched the Live community go so far down hill, you'd think it couldn't get any lower. XBOX started catering to the 12 year fan boys and neglecting true gamers who play for the love of games. And before you fanboys start whining about this post, take a look at almost ANY leader board of ANY popular game, it will become quite clear that cheaters run rampant on XBOX.

And yes, I was sanctioned with a permanent suspension of my old GT for trash talking. I take full responsibility for my actions, no complaints. I simply encourage all of you to think critically about what is more detrimental to the gaming community: trash talking or cheating? And if you honestly think that trash talking ruins gaming more, consider this: how is another player talking trash in any way more detrimental to user sensibilities than games that actively promote violence and vulgarity? 

Discussion Info

Last updated September 19, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

There is a big difference between trash talking and being abusive.

No one gets banned for trash talking.

What exactly were you saying to get you banned?  Think very hard of things you have said via text-based message or ingame chat that may have resulted in this.  If you got a permanent suspension I am willing to bet it was pretty extreme, or recurring, and probably on a level that goes beyond "trash talking."  Again, without knowing what you said I doubt your statement is anything more than subjective assessments based on frustration.

OP is trolling.  He lost my interest once I looked at his whopping 75g gamerscore and the fact he is encouraging no one buys an xbox one.  On the Sony payroll are we?

[quote user="vIv MIKE vIv"]

OP is trolling.  He lost my interest once I looked at his whopping 75g gamerscore and the fact he is encouraging no one buys an xbox one.  On the Sony payroll are we?

[/quote]

[quote user="Dano94 AGAIN"]

And yes, I was sanctioned with a permanent suspension of my old GT for trash talking.

[/quote]

Possibly trolling, but it seems like given the "AGAIN" at the end of his GT paired with this statement that he was banned on his old GT, it seems he made a new account, hence the 75G.  He is probably also telling people to not buy an XB1 due to frustration with Microsoft, which was probably brought on by his own actions on Live.

Xbox support doesn't handle suspensions and will just refer you to the forums when you call them with issues regarding other Xbox Live members. So that's obviously not what happened.

[quote user="vIv MIKE vIv"]OP is trolling.  He lost my interest once I looked at his whopping 75g gamerscore [/quote]

In his defence he is clearly saying its his main account that has been banned,this is obviously a new one.

His post in the suspension forum says he is banned for harassment and verbal abuse,not trash talking.

There is a difference between trash talking and harrasment/verbal abuse.  If you had bothered to look at the accounts and suspensions forum you would see that they don't "temp" ban cheaters, they permanently ban them.  Next time If I were you I'd get to know the difference between trash talk and friendly banter, and outright verbal abuse.

if you play in a lobby where everybody talks trash it can be pretty funny.

Had some big game sessions where everybody from all around the trashy world talks so much bs...

had a good time with that. But only if its trashy Conversation and people talk together trashy.

If just someone talks trash or just play his Music via Chat it sucks...

but then theres the option to mute whoever you want.

So i dont really get the point of trash talking...