Cheated by: [Mod Removed]

About a day ago, while playing Assassin's Creed Revelations, I recieved a message from somebody I didn't know telling me he would trade an ottoman doctor character code for a 1600 microsoft point code. I'm a huge fan of the game, an instantly responded. Before I bought the online code (from amazon) I asked him if I could test out the code before paying him. He said he would give me all of the code except the last 5 letters. I should've guessed that this was a recipe for disaster, but I was so excited I just gave him the code. Well, he isn't responding and I'm pretty sure I've been cheated out of 20 bucks. I want my money back and I want to teach this jerk a lesson. Having the code wouldn't be bad either XD. but anyway, after talking to an xbox agent, she told me to post my problem on this forum, and have xbox moderaters get him for me.  Thank you for future report.

User who cheated me, his gamertag is: [Mod Removed]

My gamertag: TheBigCat47

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Unfortunately you were cheated! However it is against the ToS to call out or defame or name other Gamertags on these forums.  This isn't even an issue to take up with MS.  This is something you shouldn't have done and you paid the price for it, literally.  The mods will remove the gamertags.  Please be more carefull in the future!

Cheers! :)

FAIL...FIRST off...You got scammed. Your screwed, deal with it, lesson learned. (I hope). SECONDLY...XBOX "Agents" tell people to 'post your issue on the forums' when they have no clue how to help / and or are just too lazy to help. This is completly your fault for falling for it unfortunatley....Yeah I'd be pretty mad too, although Im not THAT gullable....Sorry dude

Man that stinks, but I hope you learned from this. HollowTipz26 is right. There is nothing anyone here can do about it. Sorry man, just write it off as a 20 dollar lesson. Better to learn now than get sammed out of a LOT more money in the future.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

O gawd, well I had to try right? And your so right I learned a lesson X(  

TheBigCat47, all hope is not yet lost. While you won't get any reimbursement you can File a Complaint via Xbox LIVE and the Xbox LIVE Policy Enforcement Team (XBL PET) will review the Complaint. If it is true and valid (like you say), the Player that "scammed" you will be Perma-Banned. The XBL PET highly frowns upon "trading", "and scams of MS Points for anything.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

TheBigCat47, all hope is not yet lost. While you won't get any reimbursement you can File a Complaint via Xbox LIVE and the Xbox LIVE Policy Enforcement Team (XBL PET) will review the Complaint. If it is true and valid (like you say), the Player that "scammed" you will be Perma-Banned. The XBL PET highly frowns upon "trading", "and scams of MS Points for anything.

[/quote]

If they look into it fully & have access to the messages exchanged you may be right but as the OP admits straight off he handed over the code (against the CoC) Im not sure they will bother.

In the mean time Ive got some Magic Beans going cheap if anyones interested. lol