Chat not working

This problem has been happening since the beginning. Chat sometimes works through my headset, then sometimes it doesn't. It will stop working at different times doing different things. Just now I was playing Titanfall and my chat was working, then after the round my chat stopped working. The headset is not the issue as I have two headsets and they both do the same thing. The headset powers on, just doesn't register my voice or allow other players to come through either. The amount of glitches with this system is amazing lol.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I am seeing the same thing with titanfall.  Headset just stops working.  It works fine if I start a party and talk though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Does it Default back to kinect for chat and speakers for audio or does it completely stop working?

Sorry this didn't help.

So one thing I have seen is that sometimes my voice won't transmit in either game chat or party chat but I can still hear everyone else.

I solved my issue by removing the cover I have over the kinect cameras.  It seems like the xbox one knows I'm signed in and in a party, the controller knows there is a headset plugged in and I hear sound, but if the kinect camera can't see that the controller is in my hand then voice doesn't transmit.

Happened 3 times now  that  my voice won't transmit through headset...  I get up take cover off cameras, sit back down and boom...  Voice is working fine.  Don't have to leave party and rejoin or anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had the same issue while playing Titanfall.  Things are great while in a party chat, but its hit or miss if chat will work within the game.  Again, I don't think its the headsets or the controllers as I've swapped them both out at different times to see if it was hardware.  I'll be chatting with someone in-game and then I'll hear a muffled pop, and then nothing.  Strange and annoying.

Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.

To fix that press home button then go to your profile in the top left and press a followed by selecting choose this person. Then you chat should restore

Sorry this didn't help.