Chat mi switching

ok so bottom line i have the brand new dash board on my xbox.i have a very old gmail account on my account and id like to change it to my new hotmail account because i talk on that one and my old one has noone on it.iv tryed countless times to switch this stuff over but i go into my account management,account security and i see no way to change my email like in the old xbox dashboard.i would like to know how or why i seem to be the only one having this problem and how i can fix it so i can talk to my online friends on msn while playing xbox

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there.

The option you're actually looking for on the account security screen is "Change Microsoft Account." This will allow you to change the account associated with your Gamertag. (and ultimately your e-mail) Just login with your Hotmail account and you should be good to go. As of now, this is the only way to "change your e-mail" but this will enable you to use Windows Live Messenger on your gamertag's profile and the like.

However, do note that if you have any microsoft points on your current account, they will not transfer if you change your gamertag's account. Also, there is no way to change just the e-mail associated with your Gamertag due to limitations on how Microsoft accounts work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks,really helped me out alot.luckly i had no points to begin with when i did this so it worked perfectly well for me with no trouble of losing my points

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.