Chat / Headset issue

I can only hear people through the TV. The only way I can talk to people is by enabling the Kinect microphone. Anyone else have any  issues with this??????????

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

My brother had issues with this at one point on his Xbox. What you want to do is turn chat off on the Kinect. Power down the Xbox. Unplug it for 15 seconds or so and then plug it back in and you should be good to go.

[quote user="Stoyvensen"]

My brother had issues with this at one point on his Xbox. What you want to do is turn chat off on the Kinect. Power down the Xbox. Unplug it for 15 seconds or so and then plug it back in and you should be good to go.

[/quote]All he needs to do is hold down the power button until the console shuts down completely.

Ive shut it down completely before... no go. I will try to unplug the Kinect for a minute. Thank y ou... ill be right back.

By the way... is there an actual proper way to "Completely" shut it down? Ive done it before but often other times ive hold the button down... it will restart...

I've un plugged the Kinect and it works now, I've yet to plug it in. ONE thing ive noticed long before this is that in the Kinect settings... where it says "What does the Kinect see?" ive noticed 4-5 spots (pixels?) that would be white druing the thermal body image or whatever and a few spots on the 'night' vision... anyone notice that?

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]All he needs to do is hold down the power button until the console shuts down completely.[/quote]

I know but when you tell people that sometimes they just turn it off and its actually still in standby. Unplugging it ensures that he has done a complete power cycle.

[quote user="Tipso Burglar"]

By the way... is there an actual proper way to "Completely" shut it down? Ive done it before but often other times ive hold the button down... it will restart...

[/quote]

Yes, press and hold the power button on the console itself. When the white light turns off. Keep your finger there for another 2 or 3 seconds to make sure its completely powered down. When it powers back on, if you get the green Xbox One screen then you know you've completely powered it down correctly.

Thanks

[quote user="Stoyvensen"]

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]All he needs to do is hold down the power button until the console shuts down completely.[/quote]

I know but when you tell people that sometimes they just turn it off and its actually still in standby. Unplugging it ensures that he has done a complete power cycle.

[quote user="Tipso Burglar"]

[/quote]

Yes, press and hold the power button on the console itself. When the white light turns off. Keep your finger there for another 2 or 3 seconds to make sure its completely powered down. When it powers back on, if you get the green Xbox One screen then you know you've completely powered it down correctly.

[/quote]

Good advice. Another good indicator you have done it correctly is to look at the power brick. If it turns yellow you were successful

I plugged my Kinect back in today to see if it would work and its still the same situation. I can only hear the voice chat through the headset with the Kinect unplugged. Am I missing something? Kinect setting "use Kinect for mic" is off.