Chat Headset is full of static

I've seen similar posts but have yet to see any kind of resolution.  This is in reference to the headset included with the X1.  My mic seems to be working fine as others can hear what I'm saying clearly.  However, when others try to speak to me it comes through with very heavy static.  I can generally only understand what people are saying about 15% of the time.  I have confirmed that this occurs in both party chat and in-game chat.  Could this have anything to do with the controller update or does this just sound like a faulty chat headset?  I know MS will replace the headset, but it's a bit annoying that I have to ship it back on my own dime and then wait probably 2 to 3 weeks (service claims within 10 days of receipt) to get a new headset to replace the one that I just took out of the bag.  Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, could you share your resolution?  TIA

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I'm having the same problem..   In my case my basic chat headset stopped working, my online partner couldn't hear me but I could hear him.  Bought a new, OEM headset, lots of static when the plug is touched/moved.   Worked for about 1.5 hours and stopped working thru either of my controllers.  Bought another basic headset, it doesn't work and bought a MS X1 Stereo headset and another controller.   The outgoing chat works sporadically, lots of static if the plug into the adapter is touched.  outgoing voice cuts out & in.   VERY frustrating!  Ron PrinceHeron....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.