chargers

will the xbox 1 come with a charger for the controller because i ordered a second remote and was wondering should i get a plug and play controller?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Knolij74"]will the xbox 1 come with a charger for the controller because i ordered a second remote and was wondering should i get a plug and play controller?

[/quote]

The Xbox One Controller acts as a wired and wireless controller. The catch is you have to buy a standard USB cable. Not sure if the controller comes already with a rechargable pack...

There's no battery pack included. It's following the current 360 standard - two alkaline AA batteries included. A P&C kit is sold separately, though I don't see why you'd need one if you have rechargeable AA batteries for 360 controllers now.

thanks cuz i seen the images and it looks like the same one most phones take

The cord the controller comes with is NOT a charging cable if i remember...  correct? it is just  a "wired" cord for those who do not like wireless...

A micro USB cable will not charge rechargeable AA batteries. It should charge the battery pack from the P&C kit.

Keep in mind it cannot safely charge rechargeable AA batteries. There's more than one chemical mix used to create AA rechargeable batteries. That's why the P&C kit packs use a different set of terminals inside the controller.

Controller doesn't come with a wire at all as far as I know. You can use any phone charging cable for it. I'm gonna be getting a play and charge kit myself

controller does comes with a wire... it is to make the controller a wired controller... as opposed to a wireless.... just it will not charge anything.. once plugged into the controller.. it looses connection with the batteries .. so charging is out of the question.. we will need a P&C kit

Where did you see that tohellnbak?

yep, no more wired and wireless controller SKUs. Now they offer one controller and everyone can decide which way they want to play.

PS: the wire charges the battery packs

The standard controller inside the box does NOT come with a usb cord, nor the 2nd standalone controller. You can verify this with the "unboxing" video. I don't know why "tohellenback" thinks otherwise.

If you want to be able to charge your XB1 battery pack while using it you need a PnC kit. A standard usb cord WILL charge the XB1 batt pack but, you'd still need to buy a PnC kit to get that rechargeable XB1 batt pack.  Usb cord WILL NOT charge any other type of rechargeable batteries but, will offer a corded controller option.

You have 2 options:

1. Pnc kit-$24.99 [comes with MS XB1 batt pack and a usb cord)

2. Pnc controller kit-$74.99 [comes with above-mentioned plus 1 controller]

Otherwise you go the way of regular AA batteries or rechargeable AA batteries with their own standalone charger.