Charged fees for a service not received!

I have made seven attempts at linking two of my credit cards to my account, and on all seven occasions I receive a message stating that the payment instrument cannot be authorized. Despite this, I have been charged US$7.00, in total! I have tried to access the support "Contact Us" page but that never loads. It indefinitely states "Transferring data from capccfv2.partners.extranet.microsoft.com...".

Please could I get an urgent reply to this. I cannot see why I should be charged fees for transactions that have been declined. I would still like to get my credit card linked to my account, so some assistance here would also be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry to hear you are having these issues, but you will need to either visit http://support.xbox.com/contact-us and chose Billing and Subscriptions or simply give Xbox Support a call at 1-800-4MYXBOX.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Mr PJ! So it seems like you're having two issues here: not being able to link the cards, and the $7.00 in holds on your account. The holds should show as seven $1 charges. These are used to verify an account and should be reversed within a couple business days. If they don't, please contact billing support and/or your banking institution.

Now for the issue linking the cards, are these two methods from separate banks, or the same? Does the account information on the cards match that of your account completely (name, address, region)? Take a quick look at our payment method sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../19164.aspx) and see if there is anything in there that might help. Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.