Charged an expired card??

The debit card registered to my xbox live account I used to pay for xbox live expired in May this year. My auto renewal came up this month and you have managed to charge an expired card?? The expiry date in the card details has changed from May to June which has not been done by me.

Im sure you cannot do this and am very angry at how you have managed to. I am waiting to hear from my bank for an explanation. I used a prepaid card to renew my xbox live which is why I did not update the card details. So you have charged my card and taken my renewal code giving me 2 more years of membership.

I need an explanation of how this has happened and an immediate refund.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 278 Applies to:

no refunds are issued however

you may consider reading the terms of use

you MUST keep your creditcard info upto date or issue a notice of cancelation via phone

if neither of those are issued what is happening is not that you are being charged

(unless your bank statement says otherwise which i doubt)

most likely you are heading for a suspension for payment option

this occurs not immediately but 27days after the renewal

this is why you are required to either call to cancel before the renewal or update your payment method

for more info on what happens when an account goes into suspension for payment option please read this article

forums.xbox.com/.../5124.aspx

prepaid membership cards will not pay off outstanding balances

memberships cards can be stacked

meaning that you only added time not money to an account

so if you added it after the account renewed then you added an extra year and paying for the 1 year membership

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

6.2.  Payment.  When you create a billing account, you enter your payment method.  You must be authorized to use the payment method.  You authorize us to charge you for the Service and for any paid feature of the Service that you or the user of any associated account choose to use while this contract is in force using your payment method.  We may bill (a) in advance; (b) at the time of purchase; (c) shortly after purchase; or (d) on a recurring basis for subscription services.  Also, we may charge you up to the amount you have approved. See Section 6.5 below for information regarding price changes.  We may bill simultaneously for more than one of your prior billing periods.  Once we have informed you that the Service will be provided indefinitely or automatically renewed, we may automatically renew your Service and charge you for any renewal term in accordance with the subscription offer terms we present to you prior to your payment for the Service which terms may be updated upon written notice (including email) to you.

6.3.  Updates to Your Billing Account.  You must keep all information in your billing account current.  You can access and modify your billing account via the “Account Management” section of the Xbox Dashboard or at https://billing.microsoft.com.  You may change your payment method at any time.  If you tell us to stop using your payment method and we no longer receive payment from you for the Service, we may cancel your Service.  Your notice to us will not affect charges we submit to your billing account before we reasonably could act on your request. Accounts cancelled for non-payment may be blocked from reactivation.

www.xbox.com/.../livetou

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been charged by bank statement confirms this. The card in question expired May I was sent a brand new one. The old card was useless no longer works. So how have Microsoft managed to charge an expired card which I do not even have anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.

talk to your bank

and then talk to billing support in your region

Sorry this didn't help.

are you sure its not a validation charge like 1 dollar?

if its just 1 dollar then thats a validation charge multiple validation charges is a decline and are held by your bank

this occurs when info is out of date and will lead to a suspension for payment option

really read the terms of use as stated

you will not be able to use your account till the outstanding balance is paid

you can check at https://billing.microsoft.com

and you can check your contact email associated with your windows live id

as you will receive renewal notices and DECLINED payment notices there

Sorry this didn't help.

also the best people to contact about billing is Billing via phone call

Sorry this didn't help.

It's just like bouncing a check. You tell someone you will give them money, they go to take it and it's not there, you get hit with overages. For this, call up phone support in your region (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) and sort out the overage with them and your account will be back to normal.

Sorry this didn't help.