changing xbox live gamertag error..

for about 1 month now people from my friends list an from different forums are sayin they cant change there gamertag how they wnt it they say that they try but it always says the gamertag is takin wen it actually isnt like for example people from my clan vXXv cant change there gt like how i have it vX criminal Xv  they say they try to put da clan tags an a name but it always come out like if it was taking.... even if u put random numbers n letters like this vX 25rfet5 Xv it says its takin... i dnt know wats goin on but please fix this we will really appreciate it thanks...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

[quote]I can't change my Gamertag (GT).
Just because you can't friend request a GT doesn't mean it is available. First of all, all GT are tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. Also, spaces and capitalization are not considered when looking for available GTs. For example, "Major Nelson" is the same as "MajorNelson" is the same as "MaJoR nElSoN". Basically if the service says the GT isn't available, it isn't available.

I heard old GTs are being re-added. When will "This GT" be available?
There is no schedule or estimated dates for when certain GTs will become available again. GTs are not an on-demand service. They will be available when they are available. [/quote]http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/19165.aspx#gt

Also, vXCRIMINALXv is in fact taken. http://live.xbox.com/en-AU/MyXbox/Profile?Gamertag=vXcriminalXv

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

what the *** are u talkin about u dnt help no 1 what im sayin people cnt change there gamer tag like mines dis is my gt vX CriM1NaL Xv new people from my clan cnt change it like tat nomore the only way is if vxxv is put together  like dis vXcriminalXv which tats bot how we wnt it...  ders alot of people tat are complanin about this n ders ganna be more wen they find out fix this please........  

Sorry this didn't help.

First of all, being rude and using coarse language won't just get you no help, but I'll probably just delete your threads. Also, you are ridiculously hard to understand. Can you please try to convey your issue to us in full words/sentences so we can better understand you.

My assumption here is that you and your friends are having issues using "vX" and "Xv" in your gamertags, is this correct? Exactly what GTs are they trying to use? It's possible there is something else in the tags that is preventing it from going through as well. Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.