Changing WLID w/o Password

First post, sorry if this is... stupid, but here I go:

My gamertag, which used to be my brother's, is associated with his WLID. However, he was hacked and hasn't been able to get on. He's tried resetting the password, but it ends up coming with an error message that goes along something like: "This option is temporarily unavailable because it was entered too many times" or something, even though he's only tried it once.

Now here comes my frustration, I'm on auto-renewal subscription for a game I no longer play. I want to cancel that, but in order to do so I need all the information, and I can't do that without a password to the WLID.

Is there ANY possible way to change the WLID? I don't want to call support just for them to tell me I need the password no matter what. All I need to do is cancel this subscription that''s costing me an extra $15 a month for something I don't play. I'm still keeping my gold, as it's on yearly renewal, and it won't renew til February.

Help would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

They only way to change the gametag WLID to a different one is to have the password of the first one. I think you can call support and they will be able to possibly help you out but you will have to answer a bunch of question correctly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.