Changing Windows Live ID associated with gamertag fails for former hotmail users

Microsoft,

Currently my gamertag is associated to a hotmail address which is by nature a windows live ID.  I want to switch it to a new windows live ID that I just created that is not a hotmail address.

I hate having to login to my hotmail address every couple of months so that it isn't deleted which would *** up my xbox live account and gamertag.  I want to delete this hotmail account but I can't since my live account is associated with it.  I no longer use it and all it does is collect spam.  

I called support and they tell me that changing the Windows Live ID associated with a gamer tag is impossible because I have a hotmail account.  I am livid about this.  If i want to keep my gamertag and all the progress associated with it I have to keep this hotmail account.  How is it this is even a problem?

I want my Xbox Live Account and associated gamertag to be moved to a new live account linked to my gmail so I can delete the LIve ID that is a hotmail email address. Microsoft, make that happen.  It shouldn't be difficult, and I'm very upset about it.  

Please address this problem as some of your dedicated customers are growing weary of trivial problems such as these.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.