Changing to adult account on Xbox website?

I found the page that should do it but whenever I try to change it to adult and hit save I end up with something like this:

date: 11/3/2013 1:14:26 AM
code: EEEEEEEE80154006
s: gsUlPe1UN+S5lMMt7PUhNw==
id: 278f7e48-78a9-4c6e-9bfe-eed22e3c40a9
req: 7a8e3ba4-b6cb-45d6-8f3a-3c7b54c03115

Is this an error with the servers, something on my end or what? Talked with support and couldn't figure it out and I cant change it on the console because I don't have one. Any help would be great.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

If you're looking at Privacy and Online Settings that won't promote your account, it's only your privacy settings.  The only way to promote the account is on the console itself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wait, but what if you don't have ab Xbox? I recently purchased Fable 3 through Steam, which made me use a Games for Windows Live account to verify my purchase through, as well as access the internet. However, when I try to claim the free DLCs that are offered, I get a message saying I'm not authorized to do that.

I believe it may have something to do with the fact that my account is considered a 'teen' account for whatever reason.  I followed a link, which brought me to the Xbox.com site, to my account homepage. If I click on 'Privacy and Online' settings link, it brings me to a page with a plethora of options to choose. Instead, I just select 'Adult' for the overall default, but when I hit 'save' I get an error message, which says:

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

date: 11/12/2013 2:45:50 AM

code: EEEEEEEE80154006

s: 4xl2Kkn2s+5VaNNh/krXDg==

id: f75d92c6-8f16-4f44-a269-89aa33a2ac23

req: 795132c8-e682-432a-acaa-763d60b04708

What does this mean? I only have this account active through Games for Windows, not an actual xbox360, so I can't change the preferences that way.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Piffinatour! If you're playing on PC, I suggest making a post over in the Games for Windows Live Forums so that the PC pros can take a look and get you the help you need. ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

It's worth noting that a child account can only be promoted to an adult account through an Xbox 360 console too.

Sorry this didn't help.