Changing the Windows Live ID associated with my gamertag Error

when i try to change the windows live id i get the message

cant retrieve information for xbox live

please try again later.

status code: 80154023

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

is the wlid you are trying to change it to a live or hotmail account? it would be best to use one of those. also is the email you are trying to change it to associated to another xbox account. if it is you will need to swap that email out of that account  on the console first before you can add it to your primary account.. otherwise the status code does indicate some kind of billing issue..  in the end i would create a new email and try and add that. i would also suggest trying to recover the account to a friends console and see if you can change it on their console.. and also failing that i would contact xbox customer support to verify that code and possibly to escalate the issue as the account is possibly corrupted in some way if you cannot change the wlid..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i am using a hotmail.ca account and its not associated with any other accounts but i will try it on another xbox soon

Sorry this didn't help.

I got exactly the same error message:

please try again later.

status code: 80154023

The second e-mail account is not associated (anymore) to a XBOX Live account. I changed the Region of it to match the one in the old account but, after several days, I still have that issue. I presumed it was a matter of time (replicating Region change through the servers)....

--
@alead

Sorry this didn't help.

im having the exact same problem with this. dont think that it helps that its so easy to sign in with a new live account and have a gamertag automatically assigned to it. bit of a pain. i swapped tags over to a random account to clear up the one i wanted to use but still cant get the accounts to change over. i thought it might have to do with there being a 30 day limit on changing the account.

if any comes across a solution that doesnt involve me taking a whole day off of work to call the support line it would be a great help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for bringing this back up. i'm going to look into this issue and will get back to you when I find something. In the meantime, please feel free to attempt changing your WLID every day or so to see if it is just a temporary issue. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I have the same error. 80154023. I have try with different WLID (hotmail.com, hotmail.es, @live.com) but This error 80154023 appears all the time.

I tried to change the region, the associated email and a thousand things, but the problem persists.

I searched on google and bing, but there is no solution and we are several people who have this problem.

I have called at SAT, but nobody knows the solution.

Please, Somebody knows the solution?

Thank you and regards!

Sorry this didn't help.