Changing the Microsoft Account associated with my gamertag.

At the time I first owned my 360, i used a hotmail account to associate my gamertag, but now I only use yahoo email (no offense). Using two emails confuses me so I want to make this gamertag associated with the yahoo email. The thing is, I accidentally made a xbox.com account with said yahoo email that I left untouched for a while, and I was given a placeholder gamertag "profile." Now I cannot associate the yahoo email with this gamertag profile because of this. I need to know how to rid of that place-holder profile OR delete the xbox.com created yahoo account altogether and try again. 

NOTE: I've tried deleting the yahoo live account from support mircosoft but it's saying I have to cancel subs from microsoft first, which is weird since my LIVE is only on x ID I E G Ox

This may sound a bit cluttered, but I appreciate the help in advance. Is you need more detailed info, just ask.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Greetings x ID I E G O x! We can help you out here. What you need to do is disassociate your yahoo email account with that placeholder profile by changing it to an alternate email! You can do this on the console or online at accounts.live.com by selecting 'Rename Account'.

Once this is done, that yahoo account will be free to use on your x ID I E G O x profile! :) Let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

has lo ke tdice miss kleo, primero desvincula la cuenta ke kieras ke este disponible y depues ya asocias tu gamertag a esa cuenta yahoo, ok?

Sorry this didn't help.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/liveid-signin/why-cant-i-change-my-microsoft-account-email/6494c1e5-1ef7-43bf-9668-8bb50ecf3e78 reveals the web link to enable you to change your addresse is broken. Please contact that web link for more information. Have a nice day!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Miss Kleo. I tried to rename the account, but as Vibroplex has mentioned, the 'rename account' feature of live accounts is currently broken. I get the message "your account email can't be changed."Once it's back up, I will try again.

I have somewhat of a related question, however. If my Xbox LIVE account (this one) is associated with the hotmail email (along with all MS Points, etc.), why can't I delete my yahoo associated live account? It says I have to rid of all Microsoft points and XBL ties before continuing. Is this the placeholder live profile again?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Diego! If you are referring to your secondary email (security proof) you should have an option to delete just one of those from your account. Try visiting account.live.com/.../Manage and see if you can delete it from there. Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh, yes. Well, it goes like this; I used my yahoo email as a proof for my hotmail account. That worked for SOME things-mainly for receiving Microsoft XBOX emails at that yahoo email, but I still want to be able to sign in on xbox.com and my console/others' consoles using my live.com account/PW from created from my newest email (instead of having to remember I have an email/PW I only use for xbox).

This must be a niche complaint on my part, and I'm sorry for how confusing this sounds.

So in summary I still need to:

1) Lose this message "remove all subscriptions from microsoft" in order to remove my existing yahoo Live Account that has an irremovable profile attached to it

2) Be able to change the email (not security proof) associated with the Live Account currently in-use for this gamertag.

*This option is broken on live.accounts.com

Sorry this didn't help.