Changing the format of my gamertag

So my gamertag is "max dundee" and I want it changed to "Max Dundee". Some point in the last 6 years I became a grammar nazi, Max being my name and Dundee where I live.

I can't simply change it through the normal 800 ms point method as max dundee already exists, which is me. I am getting in my own way. I asked a guy on chat about it, he said that "technically" I own any variation (without special symbols) of max dundee, such as Max dundee, maX duNdee, so on.

So if I own these names, shouldn't I be able to update them?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 149 Applies to:

Hi, unfortunately there is no way for xbox to manually change the letters in your gamertag. A thread with a similar question is here: forums.xbox.com/.../1891815.aspx

-

An xbox employee stated in that thread one way to go about it would be changing it to something else, then change it back with the way you want it, but would be a costly expense. ps, I like that gamertag (I'm from Australia so the dundee reference means something different to me).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Max!  Apologies, but you can't change the capitalization of a Gamertag unless you change it to something else. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.