changing region

why is it that i still cant change my account region? i understand that certain countrys get content before others, but it almost always states that the 'content is not available in your area' so i dont see what difference it would make to let me change to my correct region currently i am using every trick in the book just to get content that i would otherwise get legitimately, if microsoft would let me change my account. the only answers ive had so far are "make a new account"... so i cant change my account because of drm and licensing issues but i can make a 2 additional foreign accounts with no problems? it seems rediculous that given the amount that people travel , microsoft cant sort this out... or should i say wont sort it out. i know its an old subject, but theres some big games on the way and i just cant be bothered with the region problems that i will inevitably face. major nelson made a video a while back claiming that we would be able to change accounts soon... as it turned out, i can change it to 1 of 9 rediculous countrys where people live in mud huts, but cannot change to a devoloped country in the western world. absolutely rediculous :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Here is where you can change regions. Make sure you sign in: live.xbox.com/.../SelectRegion

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can only change your account region to a new Xbox LIVE region, not an existing region.

Sorry this didn't help.

International, copyright, license, local and government laws all play a part in what is and is not allowed in each region, even MS has to abide by those laws. With that said, when they rolled out the Account Migration Tool it was only limited to the nine newly added regions to XBL. It is a test program. Once they feel they have worked out all the kinks I'm sure they will most likely add more regions to the AMT, but for now there is no other alternative other than creating a new account with your current region selected. So long as you don't change consoles the other account(s) on that console can share content, avatar items excluded.

Sorry this didn't help.