changing primary account on family

we purchased a family pack. one of our sons was the 1st one to set up his LIVE account, so it automatically made him the primary member... how do I switch my husbands account to being the primary??? I've searched through here numerous times & still haven't been able to find an answer...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Unfortunately the only way to change the primary on a family plan is to cancel the plan and start a new one with the account you want to be the head of the plan. if you havent had the family pack for over 45 days, you can call in and get a full refund for the pack, and then repurchase it on the account you would like to use as the primary.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you lose anything by letting the family pack run out and then starting a new with the name you want to be the primary account? Can you just add the other family members back on and still have the gamerscores from before?

Sorry this didn't help.

The primary gamertag or "account" is the one that purchases the family pack.  You don't designate a name or choose from names.  You cannot change the primary gamertag once it's used to purchase the family pack, so next time you'll need to be in control of the process and sign in with yours or another adult gamertag and then purchase the family pack.  The gamerscores would be the same whether you get another family pack or individual gold subcriptions.

Sorry this didn't help.