Changing Primary Account Holders on Family Plan

Does anyone know how to change the Primary Account Holder on a Family Plan?

forums.xbox.com/.../43292.aspx

as you can see in your thread here

you cannot change the primary the only thing you can do is recreate the family membership with NON baned accounts

everything associated with the perm baned account is forfeit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

if you want an offical answer click the link i provided and ask the xbl pet team about a baned account however the xbox support can help you with creation of the family plan

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox live Family pack is more trouble than it's worth. Have had this since January, since then two of the accounts have been hacked on call of duty world at war leaving us with a negative ranking so we can't play online. Microsoft don't appear to be able to support the Family Pack as they don't know themselves. Now my main account has been suspended for Marketplace Theft although all of my downloads are legitimate and points have been purchased from Play.com or Ebay. Microsoft charge for Xbox Live which you would think would be a good service but their support is useless and then they give you two fingers when asking for support, also accused of Theft of What?!?!

I would NEVER advise anyone to purchase the family pack, it may appear to be value for money but it's far too restrictive and Microsoft can't / won't help when you have problems.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Playing in modded lobbies on CoD or getting your account banned has nothing to do with the Family Pack.  Those are personal choices and there are consequences to them.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Onyx62is

How do you know you are playing on a Modded lobby until it's too late?

When our accounts were hacked the game started and writing started scrolling down the screen. We couldn't exit the game so had to switch the Xbox off. WShen switching it back on the Call of Duty rank was at -10000000 so we couldn't play online. We called Microsoft to explain what had happened and then the endless loop started, Microsoft said it's an Activision problem as they hold the Call of Duty accounts, Activision said that they only market the game so it's a Treyarch problem, Treyarch said that there is nothing they can do. So then started the Family pack issues as the account which was hacked was the Family Pack Primary Account - two months later and having to remove Xbox dashboard updates and user accounts several times under the instruction of Microsoft support we wer able to play online again. Now the main account has been suspended and according to Xbox Support today the account may have been suspended due to all of the removeal of updates and reinstall etc etc. So you talk about personal choices - 9 months of owning an Xbox - 2 accounts been hacked - loads of problems with Xbox Live Family Pack and rewarded with a permanant suspension for doing what Xbox support tells you to do. looks like my choice will be going to Playstation, at least they are open and honest when they have problems, Microsoft are totally disengaged with their customers, users have been complaing about being hacked for months and Microsoft has sat back and rode the money cow.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As has been mentioned on the boards before, the moment you see that you are in a modded lobby (ie. people flying/running or shooting through walls/etc) immediately back out and restart your console.  Continuing to play will result in a ban as the PET team has taken a less lenient stance on them.

An xbox live account cannot be hacked.  Only phished.  This means that at some point the owner of the account gave out details about the account that allowed someone else to get access (ie. information about the account holder or attempted to buy their way into prestige/modded lobbies).  It has nothing to do with the family pack itself as I said earlier.  Only personal choices of the account holders.  Xbox live does not govern what they choose to do or not do.

Even though you say you are going to PS3 (which has had far more problems with their service itself getting hacked) perhaps you should read some of the links here about account safety and security for future reference.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

onyx62is

Thanks for your prompt reply, however the details you have described are not as i have experienced. I couldn't back out of the lobby, i couldn't do anything other than switch the console off with the button on the front. When switching back on (after disconnecting the power for 60 seconds) and re-starting the game i was left with a negative ranking. This has heppend on two different consoles and gamertags, we have been forced to sell Call of Duty World at War due to it being so insecure.

Weather the account was Phised or Hacked (not sure what the difference is) teh fact is that we could no longer play that game online. This is what caused the problems with the Family Pack, maybe it is an unrelated cause but this is the fact of what happened. We have NEVER and would never give account details out to anyone, the second time we were hacked / phised one of the players asked if we were English, i said yes, they replied we don't like English and that was it, negative ranking. You keep mentioning personal choices, i don't see what choice i have had? Once realising what was happening it was too late. I'm not a stupid teenager, i'm over 40 and have a very good career with a multinational company.

As i've also said i have made Microsoft aware of the full details of what happened on both occassions. You also mention PS3, yes they have had problems and they have been open and honest about thoise problems. I can't say the same for Microsoft in the least. In the miltinational company i work for Customer service is an extremly high priority as we understand that unhappy customers = reduction in orders. In todays climate i would have thought Microsoft would at lest listen to their customers problems. It's all very well posting things on a forum, i have never used a forum before as i think any company should engage in their customers needs, this is a way of hiding from the problems. Although you say what i have experienced couldn't happen i do know of other people who this has happened to, maybe Microsoft should spend some time trying to engage with their customers, they may learn something.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"An xbox live account cannot be hacked.  Only phished."

First of all, "hacking" can be used to describe any activity who's express purpose is to gain unauthorized access to any type of computer system. "Phishing" which certainly falls under this category, is referred to as such because it's a very unfocused and widespread attempt to solicit information from large groups of people, casting a large net so to speak.  What you are describing would be more akin to Social Engineering (essentially scamming). In any case, semantics aside, CouthGolf's point was that the account that was hacked (yes "hacked", phishing is still hacking) was the Primary Account  for the Family Pack which essentially meant that they could no longer remove their other accounts from the Family. This is a true, verifiable and absolutely ridiculous fact that unfortunately is par for the course.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="BackdoorCharley"]

"An xbox live account cannot be hacked.  Only phished."

First of all, "hacking" can be used to describe any activity who's express purpose is to gain unauthorized access to any type of computer system. "Phishing" which certainly falls under this category, is referred to as such because it's a very unfocused and widespread attempt to solicit information from large groups of people, casting a large net so to speak.  What you are describing would be more akin to Social Engineering (essentially scamming). In any case, semantics aside, CouthGolf's point was that the account that was hacked (yes "hacked", phishing is still hacking) was the Primary Account  for the Family Pack which essentially meant that they could no longer remove their other accounts from the Family. This is a true, verifiable and absolutely ridiculous fact that unfortunately is par for the course.

[/quote]

Was arguing over the definition of "hacking" so vitally important that you had to resurrect a thread from September? There is much more recent thread you could have posted this rant under: hackers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2023 Views 24 Applies to: