Changing Primary Account Holder when Primary has been suspended

My son caved to peer pressure and got suspended from XBox Live. He learned his lesson the hard way and that is not a bad thing. However, we did not anticipate signing up for Family Pack when we created his account. Since we added Family under that account (BEFORE the suspension) it is impossible for me to do anything to Change Primary, add Points, Change Family Settings, etc. 

I would like to change the Primary account to me...so I can set him up with limits, a password for me, etc.

Is this possible? We still have almost 6 months left on the membership and I do not want to have to pay for another just to be able to be the primary...

Thank you for your help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 102 Applies to:

Once the Primary Account has been created I do not believe it can be changed to another user. You may need to contact support to find out for sure. Is your son temporarily or permanently suspended from XBL? If he is permanently suspended from XBL then everything associated with his account is forfeit including; gamer score, Live time, ms points, download content and certain game saves. If he is temporarily suspended from XBL then he just needs to wait out the suspension.

I believe in order to do what you want to do, make yourself the Primary Account, you would need to contact support and cancel your FGP subscription. They would then issue you a redeem token for the remaining Live time which you would receive to your account's associated e-mail address within 3-5 business days. From there you can set up your account and then your families.

*Since you are going to be cancelling a FGP it would cancel everyone who is a part of the plan as well so they would be reverted to FREE status until you activate that redeem token and add them to the new plan.

If I am incorrect on any of this information, my knowledge of the FGP is limited, support will correct it when you talk to them about your situation.

Good Luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.