Changing parent email going on 3 weeks now - HELP!!!!!!

My son used his parent email as his school email. Because the school email security is so tight, they clamped down on all Microsoft emails. Therefore, he was unable to log in to access the account in order to accept the new 'terms and conditions'. This means he has not been able to play online for a few months now. Now the holidays are here, I have been trying to help him with the problem. Because he has Aspurgers I was trying to help him.

All we need is for the original parent email be changed to my regular email address (and also the billing address for Xbox) and then we will be able to accept the new terms and conditions. How difficult can it be? Going on 3 weeks of difficult - no xbox live customer support person seems to understand what we need. Or it seems impossible to change. How impossible can it be to change the parent email to another parent email? It's ridiculous. Why is it so hard? Why is it so frustrating? If I were to define the meaning of 'impossible' this would be it. To actually change one email to another via Microsoft Xbox 360 support.

Is there anybody out there who can help? 

Do we cancel everything? Start again? Is it easier for my son to lose approximately 2 years of everything he has done online, than for support to actually fix the problem?

I have been with online support (for 3 hours - 2 separate times). During my last chat, I had to repeat what I wanted repeatedly, the person at the other end still had no clue and actually forgot my name. It was the worst support I had ever experienced. I have the transcripts as proof of how bad the support is.

I have talked to the 'Australian' support people (who are in the Philippines) - twice. The first phone call was cut off. Let me preface this by saying that I was completely polite on the phone - I had every right to be furious by this point. However, I patiently went through the whole process again - telling the next person I called why I was calling.

The support people on the phone tell me that the 'Microsoft advocacy support team' - the people who are emailing me at the moment - are the people who can help. Yet, I have seen a bunch of emails which aren't helpful at all. One of the emails from 'Rachel' has even said that because they haven't heard from me they had assumed the matter was dealt with. When in fact I had been emailing 'Rachel' every couple of days with the information that she needed. I have bent over backwards trying everything possible to help my son and answer the support team's questions but nothing has happened. 

My son said to me the other day - "Mum, the one thing this has taught me is to lie about my age. If I had of said I was 18, none of this would have happened." 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I am also facing an issue with Xbox Live team and their Advocacy team is utter crap. Xbox support is full of idiots. They don't have the Advocacy team in Australia and there is no US number we can call the Advocacy team on. They'll reply to email during our night and ask a super stupid question; just to drag on the case.

Don't know why MS pays them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.