Changing Networks at Home

The other day my family got a new wireless repeater/range extender for our home because the old one was bricked. Last night I set it up and it set up a new, boosted network of our old home network. Right now I want to change my 360's primary network over from the old network to the new one. I have an original 360 and one of the old grey, single-antenna adapters attached to it. I attempted to switch the xbox straight from one network to the other but that did not work. I then attempted to reset the wireless network settings to the factory defaults but that did not work. I will admit though, I had some trouble with the instructions that microsoft gave me to reset the adapter as it tells me to unplug the adapter and then attempt to reset my wireless network settings even though I had no way of accessing them without the adapter plugged in. Could anyone help me with this? The adapter gives me the solid red light which supposedly means it is ready to configure, except that it won't configure.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi,

Can you see your new network name listed in the wireless network screen? More details would be better really:-

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.