Changing my Windows Live ID (Error Code 80153423)

Hi, just a quick recap of my situation and how I keep getting this error.

I made my main Windows Live ID a long time ago and had the account region set as USA despite living in the UK (don't ask - blame youth). My first gamertag (ijakings) was then associated with this account and also made as a USA account (the first account). I then made a second account/gamertag (ijakings2) down the line which was UK based (the second account).

Now for ages this has been a major annoyance since I use the main account for all my email/contacts etc. so I've been watching and hoping for an account region change between the US and UK for ages. But then I found out you could now change the WID associated with your account and thought my prayers were answered. So I transferred my US Gamertag (ijakings) to a new (the third account), which was made as a UK account. So I know US Gamertags can exist on a UK WID cross-region. I then transferred my UK account (ijakings2) to another (the forth account) UK account as a placeholder. Then of course I hit the wall of only being able to change WID once every 30 days. So I waited. And now that 30 days is up I've transferred the US gamertag (ijakings) to the second (UK) account and am trying to transer the UK gamertag (ijakings2) to the first (US) account (essentially swapping the original configuration so I can sign in with my main WID and have a UK gamertag which I can use to join an Xbox Live Family with my UK friends and generally access the correct UK content). But I'm now continually getting the status code 80153423.

I've read about status code 8015341B and how that ties into account region but the fact I already have a US gamertag on a UK live account kinda proves it's possible. Unless for some crazy reason it can't work the other way around (UK on US) - which would seem highly illogical to me. Unless of course it's something else entirely.

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I tried reading that, but I'm still confused. Can you maybe simplify the issue, using terms like GT1 and WLID1? Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.