changing my microsoft/xbox live account sign in

i need instructions on how to change the microsoft/xbox live account email, not the alternate email but the main one you use to sign in with. i am currently transfering all my email related business to just one new email and i want to know if it is possible to change the sign in email. ive already changed my contact information but for some reason i cannot figure out how to change the sign in one. any and all help is greatly appreciated. thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Can do. On a PC or Mac, create a new Microsoft Account at http://signup.live.com and make sure to go to account.live.com/accountsummary.aspx to Edit Security Info and fill in all the 'proofs' used to 'prove' you are the account owner if the password is ever lost or account ever stolen.

Then, sign on on the Xbox and do Settings | Account | Account Security | Change Microsoft Account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this doesn't solve the issue. i want to change the email address associated with my account, not change the account i use.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  You want to move your gamertag to a different email entirely, right?  We can do that! You want the steps on this page: Can I switch my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

Sorry this didn't help.