Changing My Gamertag

Hi there im having a bit of trouble changing my gamertag i'm changing it to the name of a popular halo character as i love halo so much. I have every book CD and game and anything else i can get my hands on that's halo and would love it if my gamertag could be halo'd as well.

It tells me on Xbox.com that the gamertag is not valid and when i look on xbox live to see if it exsists by sending the gamertag a friend request i get a message saying "Can't complete this process please try again" i have done it 5 times now.  So i dont know where else to turn thank you for your time.

The gamertag is Noble 6 the spartan you play as in Halo Reach.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 308 Applies to:

It may already be taken, but to confirm change your GT on your console, and see what happens from there. If you have any questions on the subject, please feel free to ask any.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did It told me it was taken when i type it in but when i send them a friend request or search for it  on xbox.com it says the GT does not exist.

Sorry this didn't help.

ya then it does exist

when you do a friend request it does not go accross all servers

games for windows xbox games for windows and zune and xbox live all use the same gamertag system

but not the same chat system

you will have to be more creative like adding a number to look like the name

also spaces dont make a name different you need to be more differentI can't change my Gamertag (GT).Most of the time if you are seeing a message saying the GT you want is unavailable, it’s true. One thing to remember is that spaces and capitalization don’t make your GT unique. For example, “Major Nelson”, “MajorNelson”, and “MaJoRnElSoN” are all the same GT. GTs are also tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. If you try sending the GT you want a friend request and it says it’s not a valid GT that just means it isn’t used on Xbox LIVE, but it could be used for Zune or GFWL

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="RoadBlocz"]It tells me on Xbox.com that the gamertag is not valid and when i look on xbox live to see if it exsists by sending the gamertag a friend request i get a message saying "Can't complete this process please try again"[/quote]

It is taken as noble6. Gamertags cannot differ only by spaces, but sending friend requests does not check the spacing for you. The only way to know for sure if a 'tag you can't find is taken is to try to change yours to that gamertag; if the system says it is taken, it is taken regardless of your "search".

This is explained in a sticky post in this very forum.

Managing your Xbox LIVE Account
[quote user="Mister Gwyther"]I can't change my Gamertag (GT).
Most of the time if you are seeing a message saying the GT you want is unavailable, it’s true. One thing to remember is that spaces and capitalization don’t make your GT unique. For example, “Major Nelson”, “MajorNelson”, and “MaJoRnElSoN” are all the same GT.

GTs are also tied to services like Zune or Games for Windows LIVE. If a GT doesn't exist on Xbox, it might be in use on one of those services. If you try sending the GT you want a friend request and it says it’s not a valid GT that just means it isn’t used on Xbox LIVE, but it could be used for Zune or GFWL.[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.

try putting it in as N0ble6 with a 0 instead of an o. Same desired outcome, minor difference.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would love too GunslingerSTKC but both N0ble six and N0ble 6 are offline silver accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.