Changing my gamertag (seeking advice from those who have changed theirs)

I just wanted to know all the ins and outs of what happens when one changes their gamertag.

I have had my tag for 5 years now it feels a bit late to change, but I just feel like I'd like to loose the numbers.
If anyone knows how a gamertag change will affect other sites services like links to EA, Activision and other partners. (Would I have to re-link my account to the new gamertag? And if anyone has changed their tag has it affected things like "Veteran Status" in battlefield?)
Will changing my gamertag be reflected in the forums here? or will I still go by "quesadia19"?

I think the reason I never changed it was because I didnt want to *** anything up over these years in the way I have collected my online persona"quesadia19"
but I feel the need for change.
Any help from those who have changed their tags or know as much as possible on the subject will be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

bump for answer

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Changing your Gamertag is easy! All of the partner services will receive the change within 30 days at a maximum, but it typically happens really fast. You shouldn't have anything to worry about :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.