Changing MS account on xbox profile

Hi.

My name is Mattias.

I've been playing xbox for many years.

Recently I decided I wanted to update my xbox profile with a new MS account. I read that you're supposed to be able to change MS account for your profile and get any points on it transferred to the new MS account. So, I created a new account (this) on xbox live and connected it to Gold. When I tried to change the account on my xbox profile I got the message that it couldn't be done because that account was already connected to a profile.

How do I go about to change the account on my xbox profile and preserve the points on it? Is it even possible?

Best regards

Mattias

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You can't transfer points to another Xbox LIVE account/gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes. It is going to be a process for you.  

You will need to create a new/ junk microsoft account. You can do this at accounts.live.com.

After that you will need to log into the gamertag that has the MS account on it that you want and swap the accounts. (The junk microsoft account will take over the gamertag.) if it has been less then 30 days since buying the subscription i would call them up and have them cancel it and refund it.

After doing this initial step you will have to wait 30 days to doing the next step. It is security measures in place to protect MS accounts.  After the 30 days log into you original gamertag  and sitch microsoft accounts. Your new account will take over the gamertag.

You can change the Microsoft account that's associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag. Here's how:

Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

Go to Settings and select account

Scroll right to Your Information and select Account Security.

Select Microsoft account (Your Microsoft account is your Windows Live ID.)

Do one of the following:

Enter the password for the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your gamertag and select Sign in.

Enter the email address and the password for the new Microsoft account that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.

Select Yes, change to change the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE account.

I hope this helps you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.