Changing Gamertag to a new WLID

Hello everyone first post!

I have read all of the FAQ's regarding this but I am in a bbit of a predicament with this.

I want to change the WLID because the current one tied to my original GT has been hacked. I have tried the reset password option but I have had no response from them and as such I am assuming I have lost the password indefinitely.

I would like to know if there is anyway I can transfer my old GT (acc and all) to my new WLID and replace this GT. I do have a used 12 month gold membeship card used on the old gamer tag and I know the billing information for the old account (debit card). Is that information enough to prove that I owned the old account so I can have it transferred over and replace 'tediuswalnut60'

thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hi, this was in the FAQ.

Change the WLID associated with my gamertag.

If for any reason you want to change the WLID you have associated with your account, all you need to do is follow these simple steps.

1. On the console, go to My Xbox, and select your avatar.
  2. In Account Management, select “Manage Account”.
  3. In Your Information, select “Windows Live ID”.
  4. Select “Change Windows Live ID”.
    1. If you have another Windows Live ID, select “Yes”.
    2. If you do not have another Windows Live ID, on a computer, go to Welcome to Windows Live ID, and click “Sign up”.
  5. Enter the password for the Windows Live ID that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select “Sign in”.
  6. Enter the email address and the password for the new Windows Live ID that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select “Sign in”.
  7. Select “Yes, change” to change the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
  8. Select “Update Contact Information” to update your contact information, or select “Done” to finish.

If you want to change your gamertag, you need to pay 800 Microsoft Points in order to do so.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there.

Unfortunately you cannot transfer information/data between accounts (i.e. Gold subscriptions, Microsoft points, achievements etc.). It would be best to call the xbox support line and explain to them that your account information has become compromised and that you cannot change the Windows Live ID as the Password has been changed.

Be ready to answer a number of security questions relating to your account as support will need to verify you're the owner before they can proceed.

Sorry this didn't help.

You should just change your email. It always works fine , remember you can only do it once a month.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank youeveryone for your replies. Unfortuantely this issue is not resolved.

@Sonic Scream 07 - I posted that I have lost the original WLID password due to being hacked

@MeanMachine 47 - Your information was most helpful. I am unsure if I was given not the brightest customer support helper but he stated that I had already given enough proof of account ownership but he couldn't transfer the gamertag for some reason.

@Boom - I cannot change mw WLID because I do not have the password for the original because it has been hacked

Can anyone provide further information if XBOX custoer support can actually transfer my GT to a new WLID without providing original WLID password? I have pre-paid card numbers and credit card numbers tied to this account proving my ownership.

Thanks in advance

Sorry this didn't help.

As I said previously - Unfortunately the support team will not be able to transfer any data from one account to another. If you wish to use the "name" of your original profile with a new account then changing the gamertag will free that name up for further use.

Sorry this didn't help.

CHANGE WINDOWS LIVE ID ASSOCIATED TO YOUR GAMERTAG

Step 1: The workaround it basically requires you to create or use a third Windows Live ID / Email address - which isn't associated to a Xbox Live account at present.

Step 2: Login on your console with the Gamertag that you wish to give liberty to its Windows Live ID - (The WLID you wish to use in the other account)

Next is navigate across to Settings > Account (Management) > Your Information (Windows Live ID)  > Select Change Windows Live ID > Type your current password.

- Step 3: Change it!

Now your preferred Windows Live ID email is Free to be set in to another Gamertag. Just repeat the steps above.

--

Step 1.1: To be able to use your Email on your desired XboX Live account, you have to disassociate it from a Xbox Live account firstly. To do so please create a third/any Windows Live ID to set it instead of your currently one. This is going to free your WLID (see step 2).

This Windows Live ID email mentioned is already associated to a different Gamertag. To do the change you'd like, you'll have to create/use a third Windows Live ID (which isn't currently associated to a Xbox Live account) and replace it. (see steps).

Sorry this didn't help.