Changing from Gold Family account to Inidividual Account

Last year I signed up for a Gold Family Account.  My wife doesn't use it, so I want to go back to an Individual Gold Account like I used to have.  Problem is, xbox live will not allow me to modify my membership.  When I go to the "Modify Membership" page on xbox live, the only option I have is the Gold Family account.  I don't want that any longer.  I spent a lot of time looking through the support website, then 30 minutes on the phone to xbox live support.  Guess what?  They can't help either!  The advice was to allow my current membership to expire and then I should be able to reactivate my account with an individual membership.  The xbox live website has lot's of information about how and why to upgrade to a family account, nothing about how to go back to an individual account. 

So is this a bug or an attempt to hang on to every last dollar possible?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Aguijon, very sorry to hear about the issue with your account! You should definitely be able to get off that family pack, and phone support should be able to help you do so. Would you mind trying just one more call, and this time request an SR number? If the agent is unable to complete your request, please send me a PM (using the envelope icon below my name) with the SR number and a link to this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.