Changing from a child account to an adult account?

Hey there,

I've been a member of xbox live for quite some time. I am 20 years old now, live on my own, and pay for my own xbox live.However, the account that I spend my time on is limited from most things that come with a gold membership since I signed up for the service as a child, it required approval from my father using his credit card, and his email and password (all of which I do not know, minus the email address).There are plenty of parental settings, marketplace blocks, and other things preventing me from using my account to the fullest.

For example, I am unable to purchase things from the marketplace with an 'M' rating. I am unable to watch videos for games with an 'M' rating from my xbox. My gamercard does not show my recent games/achievements, etc.

There is currently no way for my to remove these parental settings. I am unable to get the password for my fathers email, which is required to change any parental settings. My account will forever be a youth account.

The obvious solution is to simply abandon the gamertag and simply make a new one. However, there's been years and years of time spent on this gamertag. Previous game saves, difficult achievements have been unlocked, and much more makes it a very difficult thing to do to abandon this gamertag.

What can I do to remove all parental blocks from my account, since I am clearly not a child anymore, without getting the password to my fathers email?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 77 Applies to:

Looking at the instructions, it doesn't look like you need the parental information. This is how to promote an account -  support.microsoft.com/.../945418

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.